Rest for Your Soul

Today's Scripture

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

God wants to give you rest. He wants to refresh and restore your soul, which is your mind, will and emotions. It’s so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life, and before long, your mind, will and emotions are so “spun up” that you can barely think straight! But even among the hustle of life, you can find rest, ease and relaxation. God wants you to enjoy your life. That’s why He tells us to come to Him. When you understand that God wants to take care of everything that concerns you, you will be able to find rest. Imagine that someone came up to you today and said, “Give me all your monthly bills, I’m going to pay them.” You’d get pretty excited, wouldn’t you? But it wouldn’t happen until you did your part to give that person your bills. They couldn’t pay them for you if you never release them. In the same way, when we release our cares and concerns to God, He promises to take care of them. Choose today to release your cares to the Lord. As you do, you’ll find that rest that He promises, and you’ll live the abundant life He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

Father in heaven, today I humbly come to you. I choose to cast my cares on You so that I can live in Your rest. Thank You for Your goodness to me. Help me find ways to share Your goodness with those around me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Joel Osteen Ministries

Previous
Next Post »