Camouflage

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Hebrews 4:13

We were on the back porch. A holiday morning, not much stirring yet. I was slowly waking, cradling my steaming coffee mug, when my husband asked, "Do you see what's in the tree there?"

I strained to look, and all I saw was healthy, green fronds. I noticed how tall the coconut palm was getting. But I didn't see what he was talking about.

"Sit here", he said. "There's something blocking your view over there."

Perfectly camouflaged, the iguana lay draped over a top branch. I zoomed in the lens, and was once-again amazed, at the mimic, nature can come up with.

"He's so concealed by his coloring and marks", I thought. However, Ben saw him, then I did as well. Sometimes I cover things up, put a smokescreen over them. But nothing in all of this world, including my heart, is hidden from God. Our very thoughts are known to Him, and they are not even a surprise.

He doesn't say, "Hmmmm, imagine that, what she's thinking"... .or, "Gee, look what he just did!" No news to the Lord, who knew us before we were even born (Psalm 139).

And, He loves us anyway. You may have heard this, and it is true: there is nothing you could ever do that would make God love you more, and there is nothing you could ever do that would make God love you less. He loves you. Period. Forever. Unconditionally. Just as you are. Forever and ever. That is definitely good news.

Sally I. Kennedy, (c)2008
Irish Thursdays Weekly Devotionals,
http://www.sallyikennedy.com

Previous
Next Post »