Why?

US: "God, why did you do that to me? Why did you take the one I most love? Why did you permit such illness to conquer my life? Why am I sterile while others have children? Why? Why?"

STEVEN: Before blaming God, let me tell you my story. Many years ago, I thought richness to meant the ownership of the most precious diamond. So, I kept petitioning God to make me rich by granting me this diamond. One day, God let me stumble upon a very precious diamond on my way to work. Delighted, I scooped it up and swiftly tried to hide it in my suit. At that moment, an angel blocked my way, fiercely took the diamond and threw it far away. Shocked, I kept yelling and screaming at God, "Why did you do that to me? Why? Why?" A few minutes later, I found the King's soldiers approaching me. They started searching me thoroughly. When they finished, I angrily asked reason for their act. To my astonishment, they told me that the King has lost his dearest diamond and ordered them to search for it and instantly kill whomever they found with it. Alleluia. God did that to save my life and help me enlarge my vision scope to other means of richness like good health and happy family.

GOD: my dearest son and daughter, I'd love you all to be always satisfied. But, I select the kind of satisfaction I see suiting my purpose in each one of you. I grant some good health, others wealth, others children. I sometimes permit the loss of beloved ones or certain illnesses to enrich your souls and draw you closer to my heart. My dear children, your "whys" are bitter to my soul. They reflect your lack of love, trust and submission to me. Why do not you just lean your heads on my shoulder and trust my love and care for you? Remember, it was written, "For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole." (Job 5:18). "Yet I will not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." (Isaiah 49:15-16).

US: Dear God, I am sorry for any complaint we have raised against you. Let it be Your Will in my life. Please help me feel your healing hands during my toughest times. Thank you. Amen.

Contributed by Maria Hanna

Previous
Next Post »